Sunday, May 31, 2009

Silver Jubilee Earrings


Our 2nd pair in the Queen Series earrings - The Silver Jubilee Earrings.


During my 1st summer in England, a very special event was taking place, the Queen's 25th Anniversary on the throne. It just occured to me I should take a photo of the earrings dangling from my "Silver Jubilee" mug purchased during my summer in England and Paris.


The Silver Jubilee of Elizabeth II marked the twenty-fifth anniversary of Queen Elizabeth II's accession to the throne. It was celebrated with large-scale parties and parades throughout the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth throughout 1977, culminating in June with the official "Jubilee Days," held to coincide with the Queen's Official Birthday. The anniversary date itself was commemorated in church services across the land on 6 February 1977, and continued throughout the month. -Emily's mom

No comments:

Post a Comment