Sunday, February 22, 2009

Grandmothers


I just bought these earring for myself. Not only do I love the earrings, but I love the inspiration behind them. Let me share the story from the seller:
I hope you'll have patience for a moment before I describe these earrings. I am listing a few things today, July 3rd, in honor of my grandmother who died one year ago today at the age of 93. She was an early feminist and environmentalist. She was svelte and stylish and smart. She designed and made most of her own clothes. She was also an old-time cattle-woman and rancher. She mended fences and doctored cattle in the Neiman Marcus fur coat my grandad bought her every couple of years. She was generous, quiet, stoic and kind & taught me anything of any real importance that I know. The jewelry I'm listing today was made during the many days I sat & laughed & reminisced with her during her last year of life. ~in memory of Lois Pruett, April 3, 1914 - July 3, 2007
Grandmothers are extra special aren't they! Both of my grandmothers have passed away, but left me with the most wonderful memories! Part of the pleasure of buying handmade items is the inspiration and story behind the product. These earrings will bring a ray of sunshine each time I wear them and think of the grandmother who inspired them! Looking forward to more earrings with inspiring stories from http://www.kchulita.etsy.com/

1 comment:

  1. Mary was here, and very much enjoyed reading your blog

    ReplyDelete